- 1 1.1 (of a company) [headquarters/lawyer] de la empresa or compañía corporate membership suscripción (feminine) de empresa the corporate image la imagen corporativa, la imagen de la empresa or compañía he is still at the bottom of the corporate ladder todavía está en el primer peldaño del escalafón de la empresa corporate name razón (feminine) social corporate tax (in (United States/los Estados Unidos) )impuesto a la renta pagado por sociedadesMore example sentences1.2 (of big business) [mentality/jargon] empresarial
- The previous year, the three men hired a corporate finance house to find a buyer for the company.
- Using debt to finance a corporate takeover is precisely the same as taking out a mortgage.
- It is understood that almost all major corporate finance houses have expressed an interest.
- 2 (joint, collective) [action/decision/responsibility] colectivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.