- 2 (municipal council) (BrE) corporación (f) (municipal), municipio (m), ayuntamiento (m); (before n) [bus] municipalMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The majority of creditors are large corporations and insurance and reinsurance companies.
- The applicant was the largest creditor of the corporation and substantially financed its incorporation.
- Multinational corporations have taken over the economy while being protected by the law.
- The Municipal Corporations Act of 1835 had given elected corporations to the large towns.
- Holland was ruled by the Regent corporations of the eighteen cities represented in the Holland States.
- Thirty-three years ago he even won a seat on the city corporation for one term at a time when the Tories were serious contenders for power in George Square.
- 3 (paunch) (BrE) [humorístico/humorous], panza (f) [familiar/colloquial]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and the festival of el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.