Translation of corps in Spanish:
noun plural corps (+ singular or plural verb)
- 1 (Military) (formation, service branch)Example sentences
- However, brigades, divisions, corps, and armies formed only as needed in wartime and were promptly disbanded during peacetime.
- The crown prince of Saxony was given the new Meuse Army, comprising three of First Army's corps and two cavalry divisions.
- Additionally, division, corps, and Army headquarters, along with their missions, will be realigned.
- Rifle and cavalry corps were assigned for operations on the outer perimeter of envelopment.
- Military academies produce leaders in all branches of the officer corps.
- The country was accordingly divided into defense zones, each assigned to an army corps.
- 2 (body, group)Example sentences
- First, rather than integrating media affairs in its planning, the command simply handed off the press to a specialized corps of public affairs officers.
- Mr Peare was one of the first corps of business studies graduates to emerge from Trinity College in 1965.
- Whilst there has been no official comment on the new measures, sources close to the government have confirmed that a special corps of Dome protection personnel is planned.
- While in the corps of The Royal Ballet, he was injured, and he spent time watching television while healing.
- Perhaps no one works more intimately with the corps than the ballet masters.
- Graham was concerned with theatrical balance between corps and soloists, performers and the space around them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.