noun/nombre (plural -pora or, -puses)[formal]
- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Literat] [Music/Música] corpus (masculine) the Tolstoy corpus, the corpus of Tolstoy's works la obra de TolstoyMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cuerpo (masculine)
- The entire corpus of Modern English prose has grown up since, and been influenced by, the works of Tyndale and Coverdale, and during the formative period of the early translations there was little other widely available reading matter.
- This text is an important contribution to a growing corpus on a volatile subject that has generated studies in several disciplines.
- Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species was not a bolt from the blue: it fitted naturally into, as well as transcending, a corpus of writing on evolution.
More example sentences1.3 [Finance] capital (masculine)
- Some linguists have collected large corpora of written or spoken samples of a language, their frequency lists and studies of data made easier by computational processing.
- To answer these questions, authentic learner data has been compared with native speaker data using computerized corpora and linguistic software tools to speed up the initial stage of the linguistic analysis.
- The major data source for the linguist is not a corpus of attested utterances but a native speaker's intuitions.
- The classical way anatomists divide the stomach (fundus, corpus, antrum, and pylorus) makes little sense in terms of motor function.
- The former includes the fundus and the rostral two-thirds of the corpus, while the latter constitutes the rest of the corpus, the antrum, and the pylorus.
- Within the stomach, the gastrostomy site should be in the middle to distal third of the corpus.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.