Translation of corral in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for animals)Example sentences1.2 (of wagons) (History)
- The Punchestown Boys rode into town saying they were going to build a corral for cattle and horses that would be good for the town.
- The adult tick does not feed and may live in and around corrals, barns and cattle loafing areas for a year or more waiting to mate.
- Solar-powered gates can be used at the end of residential driveways, on rural access roads, for livestock corrals, and in many other areas.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
encorralar(person)she was corraled by reporters
acorralarla acorralaron los periodistasExample sentences
- I once read an article about a guy who corralled a herd of particularly wily mustangs by just quietly pushing them from 3 miles back.
- Farmers were busy corralling animals that had climbed over snow banks and strayed from their land.
- We went into the woods and beat the trees with sticks until all manner of livestock stampeded out and were corralled into our barn.
- There was one debate over where they would all sleep and whether they would all be moved into particular areas so that they would be corralled together.
- Cars, which run on a vegetable oil fuel called biodiesel, are corralled together instead of parked outside each residence.
- I managed to get out just before the riot squad made a shield tunnel and corralled the crowd.
formar un círculo conExample sentences1.3
- As the wagons were corralled into an even tighter circle at the Crescent, the Trust arrived like the cavalry in the nick of time.
- Next day, Sully led his army back toward the corralled wagon train on Heart River, reaching the anxious civilians on the evening of July 31.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.