Translation of correct in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (put right) [mistake/defect] corregir*; [exam/proofs] corregir*; [person] corregir* to correct sb's eyesight/posture corregirle* la vista/postura a algn bad habits are difficult to correct es muy difícil corregir las malas costumbres correct me if I'm wrong, but … perdón, pero yo creo que … I stand corrected [formal or hum] reconozco mi errorExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (punish) [dated/anticuado] [euphemistic/eufemístico] [child] corregir*; [criminal] castigar*
- However, only one of the faults was corrected, it emerged yesterday.
- Residents of neighbouring Brandon Grove are without electricity for two hours tonight while the fault is corrected.
- How it has taken almost a month to correct whatever fault that has rendered the traffic lights at this dangerous junction inoperable is beyond me.
- The proofreader then corrects the text and the editor looks through it again and makes the final changes.
- We are grateful to J. Eckart for correcting the English text.
- Though Ernst says he repeatedly offered to correct the text free of charge, his overtures were rejected.
- I stand corrected by Justin, Arbiter of Absolute Truth in Minor Jokes.
- Howard sips claret from a picnic hamper as he corrects other people's mistakes.
- But I call upon any antepost dog experts in the audience to correct me if I'm mistaken.
- 1.1 (true, right) [answer/time/figures] correcto you're quite correct está usted en lo cierto would I be correct in thinking/saying that … ? ¿estaría en lo cierto si pensara/dijera que … ? are you Mr Clive Davis? —that's correct ¿es usted el señor Clive Davis? —el mismo 1.2 (proper) [manners/dress/language] correcto he's always very correct siempre es correctísimo or muy correcto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.