Translation of correction in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (of defect) so you'll take responsibility for it — correction, he will! [colloquial]así que tú te responsabilizas — nada de eso, la responsabilidad es suya [colloquial]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (punishment) [dated] [euphemistic] house of correction
- The key to this process is continuous correction of the output system by signals representing detected errors of the output, known as ‘negative feedback’.
- It drove his boss and his junior editors insane when he dropped a 10 inch thick printed copy onto their desks with red marks and slashes all over the place for correction in the word processing system.
- Surely neither need accuse the other of being seriously flawed because of some deficiency that is already in process of correction.
- Poll workers must immediately make corrections if errors are found.
- I am very grateful to counsel for the many corrections of numerous inaccuracies.
- It deals with facts rather than judgments; in journalistic usage, a correction sets right an inaccuracy.
- Its prisons and correction facilities release convicted criminals when they have served their sentence.
- The prison was then meant as punishment, not correction, the head of one of the six jails in the prison complex said.
- This report helped to generate a great reform movement, substituting correction for punishment, at least in theory.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.