- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (style of dress) traje (m); (for parties, disguise) disfraz (m) regional/period costume traje regional/de época in costume disfrazado (before noun/delante del nombre) [drama/piece] de época costume ball baile (masculine) de disfraces costume party (American English/inglés norteamericano) fiesta (feminine) de disfracesMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (set of clothes) [Theater/Teatro] vestuario (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) costume designer diseñador, (masculine, feminine) de vestuario 1.3 countable/numerable (lady's suit) [dated/anticuado] traje (masculine) sastre or de chaqueta
- To give a feel for what it was like at the time, there will also be a display in the library of historical data and costumes of the period.
- Many joined shopkeepers in wearing period costumes, including authentic make up and seamed stockings.
- The third type of attire is the national costume.
More example sentences1.4 countable/numerable
- The vivid memory of pundits chanting and amateur actors dressed in bright costumes performing on the open-air stage has stayed with me.
- Several actors in costume assume the roles of different characters.
- Mind you, recent history is just a new version of the old: new stage, new actors, new costumes, new masks, same old story.
(swimming costume)traje (masculine) de baño
- I can't possibly describe the elaborate nature of every woman's costume or outfit.
- The staff have made about 150 costumes for the occasion.
- The costumes range from ethnic outfits to more abstract modernist affairs that bring to mind Picasso's involvement with the Ballet Russe.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.