Translation of costume in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (style of dress)(for parties, disguise) disfraz (masculine)regional/period costumetraje regional/de épocain costume(before noun) (drama/piece)costume ball costume party (American English)
de épocafiesta (feminine) de disfracesExample sentences
- To give a feel for what it was like at the time, there will also be a display in the library of historical data and costumes of the period.
- Many joined shopkeepers in wearing period costumes, including authentic make up and seamed stockings.
- The third type of attire is the national costume.
- The vivid memory of pundits chanting and amateur actors dressed in bright costumes performing on the open-air stage has stayed with me.
- Several actors in costume assume the roles of different characters.
- Mind you, recent history is just a new version of the old: new stage, new actors, new costumes, new masks, same old story.
- 3 countable (lady's suit) [dated]traje (masculine) sastre or de chaquetaExample sentences
- I can't possibly describe the elaborate nature of every woman's costume or outfit.
- The staff have made about 150 costumes for the occasion.
- The costumes range from ethnic outfits to more abstract modernist affairs that bring to mind Picasso's involvement with the Ballet Russe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.