Translation of council in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (advisory group) 1.2 (Politics) (elected body) town/city council she's on the councilto be in council [formal]es concejala en el ayuntamiento or municipiocouncil tenant (British English)estar reunido(inquilino de una vivienda de alquiler subvencionada por el ayuntamiento)Example sentences
- When papers were served on the council, officials took steps to find a place for the boy.
- A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.
- She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council's standing committee meeting on Thursday.
- Local government consists of elected county and municipal councils.
- City and district councils are at the forefront of dog control.
- Mayors and municipal councils are elected directly by the local community.
Cultural Note: council
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.