Translation of council in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (advisory group) consejo (masculine) 1.2 [Politics/Política] (elected body) ayuntamiento (masculine) town/city council ayuntamiento (masculine), municipio (masculine) she's on the council es concejala en el ayuntamiento or municipio to be in council [formal] estar* reunido council tenant (British English/inglés británico) [ inquilino de una vivienda de alquiler subvencionada por el ayuntamiento ] inquilino, (masculine, feminine) de una vivienda de protección oficial ([ en Esp ]) inquilino, (masculine, feminine) de una vivienda económica ([ en RPl ])Example sentences
- When papers were served on the council, officials took steps to find a place for the boy.
- A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.
- She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council's standing committee meeting on Thursday.
- Local government consists of elected county and municipal councils.
- City and district councils are at the forefront of dog control.
- Mayors and municipal councils are elected directly by the local community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.