Translation of counsel in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (advice) [formal or liter] consejo (masculine) to hold/take counsel with sb asesorarse or aconsejarse con algn let's hope that wiser counsels may prevail esperemos que impere el buen sentido a counsel of perfection un ideal imposible to keep one's own counsel reservarse la opiniónExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable
(plural counsel (no article/sin artículo))[Law/Derecho] abogado, (masculine, feminine) counsel for the defense abogado defensor, (masculine, feminine) counsel for the prosecution fiscal (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- As for the European Union, the situation is really bad, though wiser counsels may prevail in the next week or so.
- In fact, this is only one of many wise counsels to the cautious buyer who fears being landed with a freshly minted or happily married antique.
- To the spiritually minded he was rich in wise counsels.
- Your role as a defence counsel is to fearlessly advocate for the person you are representing.
- In other words, the efforts of the defence counsel on a partial indemnity basis are justified.
- Defence counsel and the accused waive this date for jury selection and trial.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- aconsejarto counsel
against -inghe counseled against taking legal action aconsejó no entablar or que no se entablara demanda
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the