Translation of counterfeit in Spanish:
- (coins/banknotes)(enthusiasm/sympathy)Example sentences
- The idea is to prevent large-scale piracy operations from thieves who counterfeit Symantec programs and offer them to customers on the Web.
- It has successfully prosecuted all kinds of card fraudsters but has particularly focused on the scams carried out by counterfeiting gangs who often run sophisticated factory-style operations.
- Would a nationally-issued identity document solve the problem of identity-related fraud, or would this be just another document that could be counterfeited and abused by fraudsters?
- You guys do the best at counterfeiting friendship.
- Abigail, the daughter of Barabas, having counterfeited a religious vocation in order to help her father recover his money, eventually becomes a nun.
- It is the taint of Eton that makes him ineligible to lead the Tory Party, in the view of some who believe that counterfeiting Blairism is the road to power.
- (coin/concern)Example sentences
- Jenn, there is no way you would be able to tell me that this wasn't a counterfeit bill.
- UK computer retailers are warned today of a sophisticated new scam involving counterfeit cheques.
- ‘Most companies are fully willing to help identify counterfeiters, counterfeit goods and to provide testimony in court,’ Harris said.
- The counterfeit nature of Modernism's dream of freedom is written into the dream's realization.
- These are the 22-minute sitcom's ‘serious’ interludes, usually signified by fifteen seconds unbroken by a counterfeit laugh.
- Leave it to Hollywood to trim the truth for the sake of counterfeit sentiment and narrative noodling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.