Translation of counterpart in Spanish:
- 1 (person with equivalent rank)homólogo, (-ga) (masculine, feminine)the minister met his Spanish counterpartel ministro se reunió con su homólogo españolhe compared British teenagers with their American counterpartscomparó a los adolescentes británicos con los americanosthis literary genre has its counterpart in paintingeste género literario tiene su equivalente en pinturaExample sentences
- The clothes the actresses wear are noticeably different from their Western counterparts.
- The aim of the council is to mirror the actions and functions of its adult counterpart and to get the young people interested in politics.
- Does he find teenage girls tend to express their rage differently than their male counterparts?
- 2 (Law)Example sentences
- The discrepancy between the lease and the counterpart was not noticed at the time.
- The deviation resulted because the counterparts held by me did not include Computer's signatures.
- First s.7 has no counterpart in the Directive and can neither be used to construe it or to judge its effect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.