Translation of counterpart in Spanish:
- 1 (person with equivalent rank) homólogo, (masculine, feminine) the minister met his Spanish counterpart el ministro se reunió con su homólogo español he compared British teenagers with their American counterparts comparó a los adolescentes británicos con los americanos this literary genre has its counterpart in painting este género literario tiene su equivalente en pinturaExample sentences
- The clothes the actresses wear are noticeably different from their Western counterparts.
- The aim of the council is to mirror the actions and functions of its adult counterpart and to get the young people interested in politics.
- Does he find teenage girls tend to express their rage differently than their male counterparts?
- 2 [Law/Derecho] duplicado (masculine)Example sentences
- The discrepancy between the lease and the counterpart was not noticed at the time.
- The deviation resulted because the counterparts held by me did not include Computer's signatures.
- First s.7 has no counterpart in the Directive and can neither be used to construe it or to judge its effect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.