Translation of countryman in Spanish:
noun plural -menPronunciation: /-mən/
- 1 (compatriot) [literary] fellow countrymanExample sentences
- His oppressive office compelled the countrymen to bring their articles to market.
- Micah, a simple countryman, was a native of a very poor village.
- I'm proud of what I do, I'm a countryman.
- When the war broke they flocked to help the South while their fellow countrymen flocked to the Northern armies.
- Here, the exiled speaker asks a fellow countryman if the same pleasant breeze blows across the borders.
- Many of us also have more in common with our fellow countrymen than with events in a far off country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.