Translation of countryman in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -men /-mən/)
- 1.1 (compatriot) [literary/literario] compatriota (masculine) fellow countryman compatriota (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (country dweller) campesino (masculine)
- His oppressive office compelled the countrymen to bring their articles to market.
- Micah, a simple countryman, was a native of a very poor village.
- I'm proud of what I do, I'm a countryman.
- When the war broke they flocked to help the South while their fellow countrymen flocked to the Northern armies.
- Here, the exiled speaker asks a fellow countryman if the same pleasant breeze blows across the borders.
- Many of us also have more in common with our fellow countrymen than with events in a far off country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.