Translation of county in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)county
- 1.1 (in US) condado (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) county line límite (masculine) del condadoExample sentences1.2 (in UK) condado (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) county boundary límite (masculine) del condado county hall (in UK)[ edificio donde funciona la administración de un condado ] ≈ Diputación (feminine) Provincial (Spain/España)
- England is also a culture of many smaller regionalisms, still centered on the old governmental unit of the county and the local villages and towns.
- But he claimed highways chiefs from the county's local councils had been insistent that the 11 additional sites were needed now.
- Residents will have the chance to express their views and concerns about local policing to the county's chief constable in a live webchat next week.
- His spending blazed a new path through the county's usual political circuit.
- Meanwhile, the man and his family have retaliated against the county and its political system.
- The county has a political structure that has pushed for integrated housing and public facilities.
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], distinguido, pijo (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], pituco (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) [colloquial/familiar], popis (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an