Translation of county in Spanish:
noun plural -ties→ county
- 1.1 (in US) (before noun) county linelímite (masculine) del condadoExample sentences1.2 (in UK) (before noun) county boundary
county hall (in UK)límite (masculine) del condado(edificio donde funciona la administración de un condado)≈ Diputación (feminine) Provincial (Spain)Example sentences
- England is also a culture of many smaller regionalisms, still centered on the old governmental unit of the county and the local villages and towns.
- But he claimed highways chiefs from the county's local councils had been insistent that the 11 additional sites were needed now.
- Residents will have the chance to express their views and concerns about local policing to the county's chief constable in a live webchat next week.
- His spending blazed a new path through the county's usual political circuit.
- Meanwhile, the man and his family have retaliated against the county and its political system.
- The county has a political structure that has pushed for integrated housing and public facilities.
Cultural Note: county
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to