Translation of county in Spanish:
noun plural counties→ county
- 1 (in US) (before noun) county linelímite (masculine) del condadoExample sentences
- England is also a culture of many smaller regionalisms, still centered on the old governmental unit of the county and the local villages and towns.
- But he claimed highways chiefs from the county's local councils had been insistent that the 11 additional sites were needed now.
- Residents will have the chance to express their views and concerns about local policing to the county's chief constable in a live webchat next week.
- 2 (in UK) (before noun) county boundarylímite (masculine) del condadocounty hall (in UK)(edificio donde funciona la administración de un condado)
≈ Diputación (feminine) Provincial (Spain)Example sentences
- His spending blazed a new path through the county's usual political circuit.
- Meanwhile, the man and his family have retaliated against the county and its political system.
- The county has a political structure that has pushed for integrated housing and public facilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.