Translation of couple in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (two people) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) pareja (feminine) a married couple un matrimonio the happy couple los recién casados, los noviosExample sentences
- Fish were making their presence felt in every pool, including a couple of double figured salmon.
- As the title suggests, this unlikely duo plays a couple of struggling actors.
- In the case of pair skaters and ice dance couples, one of the two individuals must fulfill the same requirement as for a singles skater.
- Lucky couples on the dance floor walked away with more than a dozen prizes during the course of the night.
- The couple danced many classical roles together, as well as pas de deux that Nixon choreographed.
(plural couple)(in hunting) (British English/inglés británico) pareja (feminine) de perros
- When we had left the hotel, I had felt like we were a married couple on our honeymoon.
- Congratulations are extended to the newly married couple and their families.
- I mean when you think about it, we really are like this old married couple.
- 2 (two or small number) a couple (of sth) (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) un par (de algo) can you lend me a couple of pounds? ¿puedes prestarme un par de libras? I think he'd had a couple [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico] creo que tenía unas copas de más [colloquial/familiar] [euphemistic/eufemístico] a couple hundred books (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] unos doscientos libros a couple hours (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] unas dos horas
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (connect) [cars] [Railways/Ferrocarriles] enganchar; [circuits] conectar; [theories/events] asociar to couple sth/sb
withsth/sb asociar algo/a algn conalgo/algn 1.2 (combine) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva)to couple sth withsth the fall in demand, coupled with competition from abroad el descenso de la demanda, unido a la competencia extranjera
couple upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento enganchar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.