Translation of coupon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (voucher — for discount) vale (masculine); (— in rationing) cupón (masculine) de racionamientoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (form — in advertisement) cupón (masculine); (— for competition) boleto (masculine)
- The current rates are $5 per day, $28 per week and a reduced fee if the customer uses available discount coupons.
- The lesson in all this: Beware those $20 discount coupons and free flights.
- Besides the trophy, the winning team walked away with attractive goodies, gift and discount coupons sponsored by various organisations.
- Petrol, clothing, meat, sugar and other foods were rationed by coupons.
- Taking ration coupons for gas and food down at the general store seemed like the most natural thing in the world.
- The boys he was living with sold ration coupons, so food was always available.
- In magazines or newspapers, coupons may be a part of an advert, as we see in Advert 12.3.
- We hope readers everywhere - not just in the areas affected - will sign and send the petition coupons back to us.
- We are backing the appeal, and we include a coupon in the newspaper so readers can send donations or pledge their support.
- 2 [Finance] cupón (masculine)Example sentences
- Bond certificates used to have paper interest coupons attached.
- It is the coupon that will be detached and referred to, and that is where you want your claim.
- The redemption rate for coupons can be expected to run between 2 and 5 per cent.
- Because of the convertible option, the coupon and yield on the bond will usually be lower than the interest rate on a bond of similar maturity that is not convertible: but not always.
- The bonds for $175 million were issued at a face value of $100 with a coupon rate of 2.5 per cent per annum payable every six months.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.