Translation of coupon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (voucher — for discount) vale (masculine); (— in rationing) cupón (masculine) de racionamientoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (form — in advertisement) cupón (masculine); (— for competition) boleto (masculine)
- The current rates are $5 per day, $28 per week and a reduced fee if the customer uses available discount coupons.
- The lesson in all this: Beware those $20 discount coupons and free flights.
- Besides the trophy, the winning team walked away with attractive goodies, gift and discount coupons sponsored by various organisations.
- Petrol, clothing, meat, sugar and other foods were rationed by coupons.
- Taking ration coupons for gas and food down at the general store seemed like the most natural thing in the world.
- The boys he was living with sold ration coupons, so food was always available.
- In magazines or newspapers, coupons may be a part of an advert, as we see in Advert 12.3.
- We hope readers everywhere - not just in the areas affected - will sign and send the petition coupons back to us.
- We are backing the appeal, and we include a coupon in the newspaper so readers can send donations or pledge their support.
- 2 [Finance] cupón (masculine)Example sentences
- Bond certificates used to have paper interest coupons attached.
- It is the coupon that will be detached and referred to, and that is where you want your claim.
- The redemption rate for coupons can be expected to run between 2 and 5 per cent.
- Because of the convertible option, the coupon and yield on the bond will usually be lower than the interest rate on a bond of similar maturity that is not convertible: but not always.
- The bonds for $175 million were issued at a face value of $100 with a coupon rate of 2.5 per cent per annum payable every six months.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.