Translation of courtship in Spanish:
- 1 (of people) noviazgo (masculine)Example sentences
- Highly romantic courtships don't guarantee living happily ever after, but they are associated with a longer road to divorce.
- Much Ado About Nothing portrays the return from war of Don Pedro and his men and the subsequent courtships, flirtations, practical joking and witty conversations.
- The women who read the celebrity rags fantasize about fabulous courtships, fairy tale weddings, romantic honeymoons, and the everlasting bonding of parenting.
- Enter the romantic plot of heterosexual courtship and marriage, which deploys its forward-looking, more inclusive and reproductive vision via a traffic in women.
- Love, courtship, marriage, the existence of children, her husband's illness and death, are stated unemotionally.
- Only an initiated man is ready to withstand the dangers of courtship and marriage.
- 2 [Zoology/Zoología] cortejo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) courtship ritual parada (feminine) nupcialExample sentences
- In courtship, the male attracts the female with an aerial display.
- In arena trials, females that were exercised to exhaustion before courtship mated with smaller males than did control females.
- During courtship, males sing to defend their territories and attract mates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.