- 1.1 [Geog] cala (f), caleta (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (BrE) [colloq & dated], tipo (m) [familiar/colloquial]
- Be bold and take some time to explore some of the sheltered coves and quiet bays that can be found at a spot near you.
- The best way to get around the sheltered coves and hidden bays is either on a moped or by boat.
- They can be found in the more sheltered coves along the west coast, including those on Achill.
More example sentences
- All they found was a small knapsack of books that he had been going to give out when he arrived at the mountain cove.
- Biologists exploring one sheltered cove collected about 268 plant species.
- The trees are rarely as majestic as some of those found in the coves of the Appalachian Mountains.
- Last night the man took one final comment from a man in the front row, an intellectual-looking cove in a smart suit.
- Rumpole is an amiable old cove.
- Captain, he called himself; looked more like a cove in gent's clothes, if you ask me.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)