- (Geography)Example sentences
- All they found was a small knapsack of books that he had been going to give out when he arrived at the mountain cove.
- Biologists exploring one sheltered cove collected about 268 plant species.
- The trees are rarely as majestic as some of those found in the coves of the Appalachian Mountains.
- Be bold and take some time to explore some of the sheltered coves and quiet bays that can be found at a spot near you.
- The best way to get around the sheltered coves and hidden bays is either on a moped or by boat.
- They can be found in the more sheltered coves along the west coast, including those on Achill.
- (British English) [colloquial] [dated]tipo (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Last night the man took one final comment from a man in the front row, an intellectual-looking cove in a smart suit.
- Rumpole is an amiable old cove.
- Captain, he called himself; looked more like a cove in gent's clothes, if you ask me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.