- 1.1 (contract) 1.2 (financial agreement)(British English) (acuerdo para el pago de cantidades regulares de dinero a una organización benéfica)Example sentences1.3 (Bible)
- The release was in consideration of ‘payments and covenants herein’.
- Meaning of the fundamental covenants and treaties were adopted by Australian governments decades ago.
- They can check if any deeds or covenants exist on neighbouring plots, which may restrict site access.
- The New Covenant permits Gentile Christians to be included in the covenant with Abraham.
- It is God, because He is faithful to His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who has preserved the Jews.
- He made a covenant with Abraham to be God to him and to his descendants after him.
- (Law)(comprometerse a pagar firmando un→ covenant1 2)Example sentences
- In order to qualify for relief, there must be a legal obligation to covenant the sum of money for a period in excess of six years.
- An acquaintance has said that it is possible to covenant money to your children.
- Any money it makes it covenants back to the charity - last year this was £159,000.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.