Translation of cowboy in Spanish:
- 1(in Western US) vaquero (masculine)to play cowboys and Indiansjugar a indios y vaquerosjugar a los cowboys (Southern Cone)(before noun) (hat)
de cowboyExample sentences
- Near the heart of town, I spied a group of cowboys herding some cattle into a fenced-off pasture.
- On working ranches in Colorado, guests can help with the cattle alongside the cowboys and cowgirls at work.
- How odd it seemed to have once played cowboys and Indians on the same rocks, then warm and white in the afternoon sun.
- 2 (irresponsible person) (US) [colloquial]salvaje (masculine or feminine) [colloquial]gamberro (-rra) (masculine, feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I wanted to make certain that we were going about it correctly, and not employing cowboys on our business.
- ‘It is not the case of a cowboy firm failing to contact the Environment Agency in order to cut costs,’ he said.
- He also accused some motorists of behaving like ignoramuses and cowboys who put business in jeopardy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.