Translation of cowboy in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in Western US) to play cowboys and Indiansjugar a indios y vaquerosjugar a los cowboys (Southern Cone)(before noun) (hat)de vaquerode cowboyExample sentences1.2 (irresponsible person)
(American English) [colloquial]gamberro, (-rra) (masculine, feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (unscrupulous trader)
- Near the heart of town, I spied a group of cowboys herding some cattle into a fenced-off pasture.
- On working ranches in Colorado, guests can help with the cattle alongside the cowboys and cowgirls at work.
- How odd it seemed to have once played cowboys and Indians on the same rocks, then warm and white in the afternoon sun.
(British English) [colloquial](before noun) a cowboy builderpillo, (-lla) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]don't go there, it's a cowboy outfitun pirata de la construcciónno vayas ahí, son una banda de pillos [colloquial]
- I wanted to make certain that we were going about it correctly, and not employing cowboys on our business.
- ‘It is not the case of a cowboy firm failing to contact the Environment Agency in order to cut costs,’ he said.
- He also accused some motorists of behaving like ignoramuses and cowboys who put business in jeopardy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the