Translation of cowboy in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in Western US) to play cowboys and Indiansjugar a indios y vaqueros
jugar a los cowboys (Southern Cone)(before noun) (hat)
de cowboyExample sentences1.2 (irresponsible person)
(American English) [colloquial]
- Near the heart of town, I spied a group of cowboys herding some cattle into a fenced-off pasture.
- On working ranches in Colorado, guests can help with the cattle alongside the cowboys and cowgirls at work.
- How odd it seemed to have once played cowboys and Indians on the same rocks, then warm and white in the afternoon sun.
salvaje (masculine and feminine) [colloquial]
gamberro, (-rra) (masculine, feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (unscrupulous trader)
(British English) [colloquial](before noun) a cowboy builder
- I wanted to make certain that we were going about it correctly, and not employing cowboys on our business.
- ‘It is not the case of a cowboy firm failing to contact the Environment Agency in order to cut costs,’ he said.
- He also accused some motorists of behaving like ignoramuses and cowboys who put business in jeopardy.
pillo, (-lla) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]
pirata (masculine and feminine) [colloquial]un pirata de la construccióndon't go there, it's a cowboy outfitno vayas ahí, son una banda de pillos [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.