- [Naut] timonel (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Lifeboat coxswain Gary Edwards praised the crew for their heroic work.
- Former lifeboat coxswain Roland Stork was awarded the MBE for his services to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
- The coxswain of the lifeboat said: ‘It started out as a basic tow job, but ended up as a full-scale rescue.’
- The senior coxswain was thrilled with the honour that commends his service to the Hampshire community.
- She eventually rose to coxswain in the Auxiliary and taught their coastal navigation courses.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.