Translation of craft in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (trade)(skill) arte (masculine)he showed his craft as an actordemostró tener mucho oficio como actor(before noun) (exhibition)
de artesanía(s)Example sentences1.2
also: crafts pluralthe local craftsla artesanía localsee also → art 1 1 2Example sentences
- There is also a lack of understanding of how long it takes to master the craft.
- Along with the craft one should master the science and grammar of dance.
- Clearly she had honed her craft before publishing the books that made her famous.
- The market, which sells local crafts, is worth a visit.
- Project Seahorse has helped communities sell local crafts to a wider market, often through aquariums.
- The square attracts many people and there are lots of local people selling their crafts.
- 2 uncountable (guile, deceit) [literary]artimañas (feminine plural)to do something by crafthacer algo con artimañasExample sentences
- He is practicing the ancient craft of equivocation, a trade plied by oracles thousands of years ago.
- Jonson allows the head male character to be exceedingly great at his craft of deception.
- She has done this for so long that she has gotten good at it, perfected her craft of deceiving people.
- 3 countableplural craft3.1 (Nautical)Example sentences3.2 (Aerospace, Aviation)
- The patrol boat towed the craft to deep water where it was cleared of environmentally unfriendly products and then set adrift.
- The Navy vessel located the pleasure craft and stood by her until the local lifeboat arrived to take the stricken vessel in tow.
- In three minutes he was off the ship in his own craft to deliver another negative report to his superiors.
- The craft is a biplane flying boat that is thought to have been designed and built immediately after the Great War.
- The hatch between the craft and the Space Station will be opened about 90 minutes later.
- During the test, the craft became airborne and Don decided to take the Flying Wing for a circuit.
- a well-crafted noveluna novela escrita con oficio or bien construidathe carving is beautifully craftedla talla es de bella factura or está bellamente trabajadaExample sentences
- He was extremely gifted in crafting metals and his skills were much needed.
- Move your listeners and express yourself more effectively by crafting your songs the way hit writers do.
- All three of these guys are veterans, each adept at crafting perfect solos with formulae tried by time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.