Translation of cramp in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable I've got (a) cramp in my legse me ha acalambrado la pierna(stomach) cramps
me ha dado un calambre or (in Spain also) (una) rampa en la piernaretorcijones or (Spain) retortijones en el estómagoI got writer's crampme empezó a doler la mano de tanto escribirExample sentences
- The runner suffers severe muscle pain and cramp as well as crippling abdominal discomfort.
- The etiology of nocturnal leg muscle cramps is not clear.
- For a number of years, quinine sulfate has been widely used for the treatment of nocturnal leg muscle cramps.
- 1 1.1 (cram) 1.2 (limit)(work/progress)to cramp somebody's style
entorpecercortarle los vuelos a alguienExample sentences
- The racial prejudice against non-Fijians inhibited and cramped the growth and practice of Sikhism.
- If you get up early enough, you can probably travel at least 300 miles per day but don't cramp yourself with time limits.
- The problems with the current law have cramped the growth of aquaculture for many years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.