Translation of crash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (loud noise) she dropped the plates with a crashse le cayeron los platos con gran estrépitothere was a tremendous crash of thunderse oyó un trueno espantosothe crash of the wavesel romper de las olasExample sentences1.2 (collision, accident) plane/car crash
accidente aéreo/de automóvilwe were in a crashtuvimos un accidente
- I heard a loud crash as something broke against the wall.
- Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, there was a loud crash, followed by the screeching of the train's breaks.
- Her words were broken off abruptly by a loud crash from a room in the apartment.
Example sentences1.3 (financial failure) the Wall Street crash
- Police are keen to speak to any witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw either vehicle before the crash.
- A police officer was taken to hospital after the police car he was travelling in was involved in a crash with two other vehicles.
- Speed has been determined to be one of the most common contributing factors in vehicle crashes.
el crac(k) de Wall Streeta bank crashla quiebra de un banco
- He survived the crash by landing in ‘the biggest sand dune in the desert.’
- A pilot battled to avoid a plane crash as his stricken aircraft circled over Colchester
- Jack, and 47 others, survives a plane crash on a remote Pacific island.
- 2 [colloquial]to crash a partycolarse en una fiesta [colloquial]Example sentences
- Grounded for the evening, the two sisters sneak out and decide to crash a party.
- Everyone sprawled in a loose circle and he felt like an adult crashing a slumber party.
- If you show up in scruffy jeans and a T-shirt they won't kick you out, but, if you are the kind to feel self-conscious, you may feel like you've crashed the wrong party.
- 1 1.1 (collide)to crash (
intosomething)estrellarse or chocar (1.2 (make loud noise) contraalgo)(thunder)the dishes crashed to the floor
retumbarlos platos se cayeron al suelo estrepitosamentethe ceiling came crashing down on themel techo se les derrumbó encimaExample sentences1.3 (Finance)
(shares)Wall Street crashed in 1929
- Then the heavens opened, Hades bellowed, the thunder crashed, the water splashed, and a wall of rain came at us.
- Thunder crashed, louder than ever, and he felt a flutter of fear hit his stomach.
- The thunder crashed once again, even louder than before.
caer a pique
colapsaren 1929 hubo un crac(k) en la bolsa de Nueva YorkExample sentences
- By March 2003, the company's share price had crashed to an all-time low of $12.40.
- So, if your company's share price has crashed, you can take the money and lose nothing.
- In 2000 she boasted a paper fortune of £40 million but after the company's share price crashed, that was cut to £9 million.
- A nurse on her way to work on New Year's Eve was killed with her husband when two men driving a stolen car crashed into their vehicle.
- I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle.
- His car had crashed into two parked vehicles, and he had been shot in the head and neck.
- A drunken motorist nearly crashed his car into a police vehicle before running away and leaving his baby lying next to the front seat.
- As detectives closed in during an undercover operation, he crashed his car into a police vehicle.
- A 19-year-old man told police he had been taken at gunpoint from Manchester city centre, made to take drugs and then crashed his vehicle.
- 2 (spend the night) [colloquial]quedarse a dormircan I crash at your place?¿puedo quedarme a dormir en tu casa?
- 3 (Computing)Example sentences
- The computer system crashes on a regular basis (I work it out to be about twice a week at the moment).
- The national air traffic control computer system crashed at 6am, and flights were being operated manually by air traffic controllers.
- My computer crashed recently and we had to buy a new one.
- (before noun)(course)
de choqueExample sentences
- Often, the recommended course isn't a crash diet but a commitment to a long-term change in eating habits.
- After a crash course on German the night prior to the interview, Nikki was offered the internship and will travel to Sydney soon to further her study of the German language.
- Anyone who applies for a learners' licence has to undergo an hour-long crash course in road safety.
- to go crash into somethingestrellarse estrepitosamente contra algoExample sentences
- And as the boy was stooping over the open chest, crash went the lid down.
- Crash went the waves on the rocks.
- The elephant first tried to sleep in a crib just like your baby cousin John has - and then it went crash.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.