Translation of credo in Spanish:
noun plural -dos
- 1 (system of beliefs)Example sentences
- When does less than full belief in a professed credo become actionable fraud if one is soliciting gifts or legacies?
- Their mission statements read like political manifestos rather than educational credos.
- Your credo can guide you, but you cannot magically make it your mother's guiding principle as well.
- 2 (Religion)the Credoel CredoExample sentences
- There, he advises that someone should recite the Credo continuously for a dying person, which was the customary practice of his fellow friars.
- The Mass omits the Credo and takes as its central point, the Holy Eucharist as narrated in the story of Christ's meeting with the disciples on the road to Emmaus.
- Moreover, in the same paragraph, he describes the Credo as the central ‘confession of faith’ when he surely means ‘profession of faith’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.