Translation of creek in Spanish:
- 1.1 (stream) (American English/inglés norteamericano) arroyo (masculine), riachuelo (masculine) to be up the creek (British English/inglés británico) estar* mal, estar* equivocado the report is completely up the creek el informe es un disparate to be up the creek [colloquial/familiar] o [vulgar] up shit creek (without a paddle) (in difficulty) estar* en aprietos or en apuros, estar* jodido [vulgar]Example sentences1.2 (inlet) (British English/inglés británico) cala (feminine)
- They rested by a small creek running through the woods that had started to become more profuse.
- The seven men had spread out and were riding along the dry creek bed.
- Her lion tail flicked idly behind her as she walked towards the nearby creek.
- Coastal migrants can often be found along tidal creeks, salt marsh edges, and mudflats, rarely on sandy ocean beaches.
- Between the cliffs and the sea, the rhythmic movement of the tides is forming a new tidal marsh that includes mudflats, tidal creeks, tidal marshes, and tracts of shrubs.
- Pristine beaches, maritime forests, shimmering marshes, and tidal creeks await your exploration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the