Translation of creek in Spanish:
- 1 (stream) (American English) to be up the creek (British English)estar malthe report is completely up the creek
estar equivocadoel informe es un disparateto be up the creek [colloquial] o [vulgar] up shit creek (without a paddle) (in difficulty)estar en aprietos or en apurosestar jodido [vulgar]Example sentences
- They rested by a small creek running through the woods that had started to become more profuse.
- The seven men had spread out and were riding along the dry creek bed.
- Her lion tail flicked idly behind her as she walked towards the nearby creek.
- 2 (inlet) (British English)Example sentences
- Coastal migrants can often be found along tidal creeks, salt marsh edges, and mudflats, rarely on sandy ocean beaches.
- Between the cliffs and the sea, the rhythmic movement of the tides is forming a new tidal marsh that includes mudflats, tidal creeks, tidal marshes, and tracts of shrubs.
- Pristine beaches, maritime forests, shimmering marshes, and tidal creeks await your exploration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.