- 1 (Aviation, Nautical)(Railways)cabin/flight crew
personal (masculine)personal (masculine) de cabina/vueloground crew ten passengers and three crew were killedmurieron diez pasajeros y tres miembros de la tripulación(before noun) crew membermiembro (masculine or feminine) de la tripulación
tripulante (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- In addition to training the ship's crew, there's the matter of getting the air crews shipshape.
- One member of the train crew was killed, and two nearby residents asphyxiated from breathing the gas.
- The railway is operated by fully trained crews and is open all day Monday to Friday, running each hour from 10 am to 4 pm.
- The professionalism of the captain, officers and crew of the Wecoma contributed greatly to the success of the cruise.
- We thank the captains, officers and crew of the R.V L' Atalante and the Aguadomar and Caraval scientific teams for their efficient work at sea.
- It was an honor to dine at the captain's table, and indeed all the officers and crew were exceptional.
- 2 (team) the stage crew (Theatre)los tramoyistaswinning crew (Sport)equipo (masculine) ganadorExample sentences
- Residents had called the police who, together with a NSW Ambulance rescue crew, mounted a search in the drain.
- It is the latest in a seemingly increasing phenomenon of attacks on ambulance crews and firefighters while on duty.
- Emergency workers like firefighters, ambulance crews and nurses need to be fully protected.
- 3 (gang, band)Example sentences
- I moved into a new place, started playing sports again, and I now have a totally great crew of close friends!
- Oddly enough, when most of my friends and relatives were rooting for Dorothy and her crew, I was on the side of the Witch.
- Don't invite your new gang to your old crew's annual end-of-summer outdoor bash.
- The staff that crewed the vehicles worked for six weeks, on standby 24 hours a day, seven days a week, before they got a week off.
- The purpose-built yacht is crewed by four to five professional sailors, out of whom only the skipper is paid a salary.
- Once Jenna and Allison had sat down she said, ‘As you know this ship is primarily crewed by the engineering staff, rather than military crew.’
- Anna tasted success on the world stage two years ago, when she crewed for her big sister Katie when they were the first all girl boat in the World Championships in Hobart, Tasmania.
- Ed and Joe got involved with the round-Britain challenge when they crewed for the owners John and Lisa Forbes to bring the yacht to Plymouth.
- Noyes, 47, crewed for Krause from 1983 to 1993 and didn't begin driving until 1994.