- 1 c [Zool] grillo (m) to be as chirpy/merry as a cricket [colloquial/familiar] estar* como unas Pascuas or como un cascabelMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The warm summer air whipped through Chris' open window blowing with it the sounds of crickets chirping.
- The only sound heard was crickets, chirping their nightly tunes hidden somewhere in the darkness.
- She sniffed delicately as her ears moved to the sounds of crickets chirping.
- The second family includes some but by no means all of the insects which bear the name cricket.
- 2 u [Sport] (game) críquet (m) that's not cricket (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] eso no es jugar limpio (before n) [ball/match/bat] de críquetMore example sentences
- The village has a good sports field with football and cricket teams.
- So many runs in three days of cricket can't be a good wicket for Test match cricket.
- The lack of patience from their batsmen has often been the bane of Bangladesh's cricket team.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...