Translation of crime in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (wrongful act)(murder)to commit a crime the scene of the crimea crime against humanity/natureel lugar del delito/crimenla escena del crimen [journalese]is it such a crime to have an affair?un crimen contra la humanidad/contra naturait's a crime to waste such talent [colloquial]¿es que es un crimen tener una aventura?es un crimen or un pecado desperdiciar un talento asíExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (criminal activity) to punish/prevent crime
- Logic is turned upside down and instead of being punished for their crimes of omission they reap their due reward.
- He said the order had turned the offence of being drunk and disorderly into a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.
- One cannot just walk away from the scene of the crime without admitting wrongdoing.
a life of crimecastigar/prevenir la delincuenciaan increase in crimeuna vida de delincuenciaorganized crimeun aumento de la delincuencia or criminalidadcrime doesn't payel crimen organizadono hay crimen sin castigo(before noun) (rate/figures)crime fictionde criminalidadcrime statisticsnovelas (feminine plural) policíacas or policialesdatos (masculine plural) estadísticos sobre la criminalidadestadísticas (feminine plural) sobre criminalidadExample sentences
- Any activity that takes away these rights is a crime against nature and humanity.
- To undermine football as happens in certain countries is a deception and a crime against society.
- As I said it was a crime against humanity so that is what he deserved and that is what the rest of them deserve.
- What of course everyone agrees with is that drug dealing and organised crime should be illegal.
- Crimes such as vandalism, car crime and burglary are an everyday occurrence in Swindon.
- And surely you agree that crime and illegal immigration are getting out of hand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.