- delincuente (masculine and feminine); (serious offender) criminal (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- One of the uses of capital punishment is to deter other criminals from committing more crimes.
- Most heroin users were criminals who committed crimes before they ever used drugs.
- A threat as harsh as death to all that commit a serious crime would deter some criminals.
- 1.1 (of crime) [Law/Derecho] [act] delictivo; [case] criminal; [bankrupcy] fraudulento; [organization/mind] criminal criminal code código (masculine) penal criminal conviction condena, f criminal court juzgado (masculine) en lo penal to start criminal proceedings against sb iniciar proceso penal or enjuiciamiento contra algn 1.2 (shameful) [colloquial/familiar] vergonzoso [colloquial/familiar]
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.