- delincuente (masculine and feminine); (serious offender) criminal (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- One of the uses of capital punishment is to deter other criminals from committing more crimes.
- Most heroin users were criminals who committed crimes before they ever used drugs.
- A threat as harsh as death to all that commit a serious crime would deter some criminals.
- 1.1 (of crime) [Law/Derecho] [act] delictivo; [case] criminal; [bankrupcy] fraudulento; [organization/mind] criminal criminal code código (masculine) penal criminal conviction condena, f criminal court juzgado (masculine) en lo penal to start criminal proceedings against sb iniciar proceso penal or enjuiciamiento contra algn 1.2 (shameful) [colloquial/familiar] vergonzoso [colloquial/familiar]
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.