Translation of criminalize in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- ‘Our existing law already criminalises much activity that could fall within that description of giving and receiving terrorist training.’
- In their view, some of the proposed offences were excessively broad or too vague and could criminalise peaceful activities.
- On 1 July there was a protest march against legislation aimed at criminalizing pro-independence activities.
- Asbos are a punitive measure that can criminalise people for behaviour that is not criminal.
- This may be seen as a rationalization of the appellate courts' tendency to stretch the interpretation of statutes so as to criminalize people who, they think, have manifestly committed a serious wrong.
- New legislation directed against illegal immigrants also criminalises anyone who aids them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.