- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [Literat] [Theater/Teatro] crítico, (masculine, feminine) a literary/theater/music critic un crítico literario/teatral/de músicaMore example sentences1.2 (detractor) detractor, (masculine, feminine) he struck back at his critics devolvió el golpe a sus detractores critics of the scheme los detractores del proyecto
More example sentences
- She worked first as a news reporter, then feature writer, film critic and agony aunt.
- This is also true of newspaper critics who cover the arts, films, music, and books.
- His films have divided critics and commentators like those of no other American director.
- In his last decade, Irving had to endure the sceptical opinions of a new and young breed of critics.
- At the time, critics attacked the show for pandering to the middle class fear of a right wing police state.
- Sadly it has been used by too many people as a weapon to attack their critics with.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.