Translation of critic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Art/Arte] [Literat] [Theater/Teatro] crítico, (masculine, feminine) a literary/theater/music critic un crítico literario/teatral/de músicaExample sentences1.2 (detractor) detractor, (masculine, feminine) he struck back at his critics devolvió el golpe a sus detractores critics of the scheme los detractores del proyecto
- She worked first as a news reporter, then feature writer, film critic and agony aunt.
- This is also true of newspaper critics who cover the arts, films, music, and books.
- His films have divided critics and commentators like those of no other American director.
- In his last decade, Irving had to endure the sceptical opinions of a new and young breed of critics.
- At the time, critics attacked the show for pandering to the middle class fear of a right wing police state.
- Sadly it has been used by too many people as a weapon to attack their critics with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.