Translation of critical in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (censorious)(remark/report)he watched us with a critical eye
críticonos observó con ojo críticoto be critical
ofsomething/somebodycriticar algo/a alguienshe's terribly critical of government policycritica duramente la política del gobiernoExample sentences1.2 (journalistic, academic)
(analysis/theory/writing)the film enjoyed a critical success
- The report is also critical of road safety education because of its lack of prominence, vagueness and poor training for teachers.
- Children with low self-esteem tend to be overly critical of and easily disappointed in themselves.
- Inman is highly critical of industry sponsored safety studies, which he regards as marketing exercises.
críticola película fue muy bien recibida por la críticaExample sentences
- Set up a year ago by Martin Wheeler, 33, Iwari and its artists have sparked critical acclaim in the music press.
- His recent CD recording of Liszt's piano music received critical acclaim.
- It was released in July 2001 to critical acclaim.
- Translations of major texts are borrowed from current scholarly editions, while English texts are based on critical editions.
- Since Q2 represents the text closest to the author's manuscript it might be chosen as the copy text for a critical edition.
- Entire pages of these two critical texts are presented in her book, bilingual explanations on the left-hand side, graphic images on the right.
- Gavin sits on a Masters Degree Visual Arts Practises course with me where we have seen critical judgment voided by curatorial organisational skills.
- The book is divided into two parts: a 35-page critical essay followed by drawings grouped according to theme.
- The investigations, however, were not only celebratory; various critical examinations of the institution of cinema also emerged.
- 2 2.1 (very serious)(condition/situation/shortage)
Example sentences2.2 (decisive, crucial)
- We have a potentially critical situation here.
- It puts us in a difficult and critical situation.
- None of these problems is critical, but they all act to inhibit the process of renewing Australia's economic infrastructure.
- Following the accident, he was rushed to hospital in critical condition with a severe head injury and underwent brain surgery the very next day.
- As of Wednesday afternoon at least two workers remained in critical condition from severe burns and six others were listed in serious condition.
- It said nine of those injured were in critical condition, suggesting that the death toll might rise.
de importancia fundamentalExample sentences2.3 (Physics)
(pressure/temperature/volume)to go critical
- But do they represent a critical factor in the success or failure of a business?
- This gives them the right to take decisions of critical importance, having gained two thirds of the stake in the holding.
- This completely fails to recognise the critical importance that success in business has in funding our aspirations for the public services.
críticoiniciar una reacción en cadenaExample sentences
- When the fraction is close to the critical value, computation times become very large.
- On the other hand, if the frequency exceeded a certain critical value, there would be enough energy for the electron to be able to get away.
- Similarly, superconductivity can be destroyed by applying a magnetic field that exceeds some critical value.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.