Translation of criticize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (censure) criticar* they criticized us for not acting sooner nos criticaron por no haber actuado antesExample sentences1.2 (evaluate) hacer* la crítica de
- During his latter Presidency he was criticized for spending too much time golfing and trout fishing.
- However, the Singapore press is criticized for its coverage of local politics.
- The trial judge was criticized for not giving more weight to oral testimony.
- In his later school years his close friends were a group of boys who met on a regular basis to exchange and criticize each other's literary work.
- In addition, both writers were admired and criticized by artistic women of the day.
- But, criticizing Tolstoy, some theorists point out that an artist need not have the feeling in question in order to express it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.