Translation of criticize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (censure) criticar* they criticized us for not acting sooner nos criticaron por no haber actuado antesExample sentences1.2 (evaluate) hacer* la crítica de
- During his latter Presidency he was criticized for spending too much time golfing and trout fishing.
- However, the Singapore press is criticized for its coverage of local politics.
- The trial judge was criticized for not giving more weight to oral testimony.
- In his later school years his close friends were a group of boys who met on a regular basis to exchange and criticize each other's literary work.
- In addition, both writers were admired and criticized by artistic women of the day.
- But, criticizing Tolstoy, some theorists point out that an artist need not have the feeling in question in order to express it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.