Translation of croak in Spanish:
- (of frog) croar (masculine), canto (masculine); (of raven) graznido (masculine); (of person) voz (feminine) ronca, graznido (masculine)Example sentences
- The track ends with a nighttime snippet of what sounds like a frog pond - croaks, chirps, waterlogged crickets.
- She finally reached a point where she could hear the voices over the sounds of the crickets and the croaks of frogs.
- In some places it is primeval and wet, where streaky barked eucalyptus strive upwards through dripping mists alive with frog croaks.
- A second croak tore like a whip-lash through the silent forest.
- His voice gave out on the final syllable, his distressed croak fading abruptly into an almost inaudible squeak.
- When the voice spoke, it was a hoarse croak, thunderous and deep.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (kill) [slang/argot] liquidar [colloquial/familiar], cargarse* (Spain/España) (Mexico/México) [slang/argot]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.