Translation of croak in Spanish:
- (of frog) croar (masculine), canto (masculine); (of raven) graznido (masculine); (of person) voz (feminine) ronca, graznido (masculine)Example sentences
- The track ends with a nighttime snippet of what sounds like a frog pond - croaks, chirps, waterlogged crickets.
- She finally reached a point where she could hear the voices over the sounds of the crickets and the croaks of frogs.
- In some places it is primeval and wet, where streaky barked eucalyptus strive upwards through dripping mists alive with frog croaks.
- A second croak tore like a whip-lash through the silent forest.
- His voice gave out on the final syllable, his distressed croak fading abruptly into an almost inaudible squeak.
- When the voice spoke, it was a hoarse croak, thunderous and deep.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (kill) [slang/argot] liquidar [colloquial/familiar], cargarse* (Spain/España) (Mexico/México) [slang/argot]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.