Translation of crochet in Spanish:
- (shawl/dress)tejer a crochet or a ganchilloExample sentences
- When I pause in typing to think about the next sentence, I am crocheting a scarf that I promised to mail tomorrow.
- She crocheted this scarf.
- Queen Mary's Irish lace wedding dress was reputedly crocheted by three ladies from Foxpoint.
- (before noun) (cushion/shawl)crochet hooktejido al crochetde ganchilloExample sentences
- The Federation Shield for craft was won by Mrs. Breda Phelan, for her beautiful cotton crochet tablecloth.
- Also on display are soft wood toys and dolls, puppets and lampshades in leather, ceramic and terracotta pottery, crochet laces, cotton durries, silver filigree and tribal embroidery.
- Grown-up gypsy chic can be found in spades there, where chiffon skirts offer a dressier alternative to cotton, alongside good-quality crochet shrugs in turquoise and raspberry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.