Translation of crooked in Spanish:
- 1 (bent, twisted)(back/person)
encorvado(road/path)the picture's still crooked
lleno de curvasel cuadro todavía está torcido or (in Latin America also) chuecoshe gave me a crooked grinme hizo una muecaExample sentences
- The wing lost its crooked shape, becoming straight, but not without pain to its owner.
- There was this big logo on the wall shaped like a crooked cross with a big red sun in the middle.
- Some first or permanent teeth may be missing, abnormally shaped or crooked.
- 2 (dishonest) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The people who perpetrated that buy-back scheme are despicable, deceitful, dishonest, and crooked.
- If this is true, then people are just naturally dishonest and crooked and downright rotten.
- Criminals of all hues from drug dealers to crooked business people are busy trying to convert hoarded pounds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.