Translation of crooked in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bent, twisted) [line/arms/legs] torcido, chueco (Latin America/América Latina) ; [back/person] encorvado; [road/path] sinuoso, lleno de curvas the picture's still crooked el cuadro todavía está torcido or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) chueco she gave me a crooked grin me hizo una muecaExample sentences1.2 (dishonest) [colloquial/familiar] [person/deal] deshonesto, chueco (Chile) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar]
- The wing lost its crooked shape, becoming straight, but not without pain to its owner.
- There was this big logo on the wall shaped like a crooked cross with a big red sun in the middle.
- Some first or permanent teeth may be missing, abnormally shaped or crooked.
- The people who perpetrated that buy-back scheme are despicable, deceitful, dishonest, and crooked.
- If this is true, then people are just naturally dishonest and crooked and downright rotten.
- Criminals of all hues from drug dealers to crooked business people are busy trying to convert hoarded pounds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.