Translation of cross-bench in Spanish:
- (in UK) (usually plural)(escaño ocupado por un diputado independiente)Example sentences
- Last week Boyd was named among those being elevated to the House of Lords, where he will sit as a cross-bench member, despite his Labour affiliations.
- The cross-bench peer had tabled a written question before Parliament was dissolved for the election after one of his constituents raised concerns.
- The fact that government used the guillotine during the committee stage certainly did not contribute to any intelligent cross-bench discussion.
Definition of cross-bench in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.