Translation of cross-check in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /krɑsˈtʃɛk/ British English: /ˈkrɒstʃɛk/
- (facts/references)to cross-check something
verificar (consultando otras fuentes)
againstsomethingcotejar algo conalgoExample sentences
- Reporters too seldom attempt to cross-check official information with sources on the street.
- All information would be held on a central National Identity Register, so that police and other officials could cross-check information held on each card.
- They suggest that more work is needed to cross-check the information they obtained from the study.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /krɑsˈtʃɛk/ British English: /ˈkrɒstʃɛk/
nounAmerican English: /ˈkrɑstʃɛk/ British English: /ˈkrɒstʃɛk/
- to do a cross-check (on something)hacer una comprobación or verificación (de algo)Example sentences
- It recommends that such cross-checks be conducted by privately-run entities employing registered auditors.
- The animal's DNA is stored and random cross-checks are carried out with meat form the supermarket counter.
- Together with regular reviews and inspections, this provides an intricate system of checks and cross-checks which, taken together, provide a robust security net.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.