- 1.1 (on bicycle) barra (f)More example sentences1.2 (of goal) larguero (m), travesaño (m), horizontal (m) (Andes) 1.3 (in pole vaulting, high jump) listón (m)
More example sentences
- Over the years her customers included Free French sailors, a poacher who kept a 12-bore tied to his bicycle crossbar, the writer John Wyndham and a dog that smoked a pipe.
- The bike still includes a back rest and chrome seat loop, with only the gearshift altered, moving from the crossbar to the handlebars for safety reasons.
- Parents sometimes add rear-mounted child seats and/or an auxiliary saddle fitted to the crossbar to transport children.
- His goalbound effort into a gaping goal struck the crossbar and rebounded to safety.
- After the upright and then the crossbar denied them a goal, he clicked into top gear.
- To score you must put the ball over the crossbar for a point or under the crossbar for a goal, worth three points.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.