- 1.1 (on bicycle) barra (f)More example sentences1.2 (of goal) larguero (m), travesaño (m), horizontal (m) (Andes) 1.3 (in pole vaulting, high jump) listón (m)
More example sentences
- Over the years her customers included Free French sailors, a poacher who kept a 12-bore tied to his bicycle crossbar, the writer John Wyndham and a dog that smoked a pipe.
- The bike still includes a back rest and chrome seat loop, with only the gearshift altered, moving from the crossbar to the handlebars for safety reasons.
- Parents sometimes add rear-mounted child seats and/or an auxiliary saddle fitted to the crossbar to transport children.
- His goalbound effort into a gaping goal struck the crossbar and rebounded to safety.
- After the upright and then the crossbar denied them a goal, he clicked into top gear.
- To score you must put the ball over the crossbar for a point or under the crossbar for a goal, worth three points.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.