Translation of cruet in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cookery) (before noun) cruet standvinagreras (feminine plural)
convoy (masculine) (Spain)
alcuzas (feminine plural) (Chile)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
vinajeras (feminine plural)Example sentences
- ‘I've got my eye on a salt and pepper cruet set - they're only £18,’ she said.
- He also worked on virtually every form of vessel, large and small, from salts and cruets to beakers to candelabra, and from tureens to rose water sprinklers.
- These items included decanters, beakers, essence-bottles, cruets, wash-hand bowls, sweetmeat saucers, epergnes, vases, lemonade cups, ‘gugglets’, and ‘four elegant cut candlesticks enamel'd mosaik work very rich’.
- I took the finger towel and glass cruets of water and wine to the credence table at the right of the altar and put out the bell on the step where I would be kneeling at the consecration.
- The sacristians were in the sacristy to see all was in order, vestments laid out, candles lit, cruets filled with water and wine.
- A table by the bedside, covered in a clean white cloth, held two lighted blessed candles, a crucifix, a cruet of holy water and a sprinkler.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.