Translation of cruet in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] vinagrera (feminine), aceitera (feminine), alcuza (feminine) (Chile) (before noun/delante del nombre) cruet stand vinagreras (feminine plural), convoy (masculine) (Spain/España) , alcuzas (feminine plural) (Chile)Example sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] vinajeras (feminine plural)
- ‘I've got my eye on a salt and pepper cruet set - they're only £18,’ she said.
- He also worked on virtually every form of vessel, large and small, from salts and cruets to beakers to candelabra, and from tureens to rose water sprinklers.
- These items included decanters, beakers, essence-bottles, cruets, wash-hand bowls, sweetmeat saucers, epergnes, vases, lemonade cups, ‘gugglets’, and ‘four elegant cut candlesticks enamel'd mosaik work very rich’.
- I took the finger towel and glass cruets of water and wine to the credence table at the right of the altar and put out the bell on the step where I would be kneeling at the consecration.
- The sacristians were in the sacristy to see all was in order, vestments laid out, candles lit, cruets filled with water and wine.
- A table by the bedside, covered in a clean white cloth, held two lighted blessed candles, a crucifix, a cruet of holy water and a sprinkler.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.