- 1.1 (warship) crucero (masculine)More example sentences1.2
(cabin cruiser)lancha (feminine), barco (masculine) 1.3 (police car) (American English/inglés norteamericano) (coche (masculine) patrulla (feminine), patrullero (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , autopatrulla (masculine) (Chile)More example sentences
- At sea, he served in a battleship, an aircraft carrier, in cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and a minesweeper.
- A further 17 aircraft carriers, six battleships, 16 cruisers and 56 destroyers were also tasked in support.
- The combined German naval force for this attack was fifteen battleships, thirteen cruisers and seventy-one destroyers, whose principal task was to guard the larger ships against British submarines.
- Karen was a little worried about being left alone, but the knowledge of the patrolling police cruisers calmed her down.
- He was arrested at 4: 45 p.m., handcuffed and placed in the back of the police cruiser.
- Across the street was the police station where a cruiser abruptly pulled up.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.