Translation of cruiser in Spanish:
- 1.1 (warship) crucero (masculine)Example sentences1.2
(cabin cruiser)lancha (feminine), barco (masculine) 1.3 (police car) (American English/inglés norteamericano) (coche (masculine)) patrulla (feminine), patrullero (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , autopatrulla (masculine) (Chile)Example sentences
- At sea, he served in a battleship, an aircraft carrier, in cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and a minesweeper.
- A further 17 aircraft carriers, six battleships, 16 cruisers and 56 destroyers were also tasked in support.
- The combined German naval force for this attack was fifteen battleships, thirteen cruisers and seventy-one destroyers, whose principal task was to guard the larger ships against British submarines.
- Karen was a little worried about being left alone, but the knowledge of the patrolling police cruisers calmed her down.
- He was arrested at 4: 45 p.m., handcuffed and placed in the back of the police cruiser.
- Across the street was the police station where a cruiser abruptly pulled up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.