- 1.1 (warship) crucero (masculine)More example sentences1.2
(cabin cruiser)lancha (feminine), barco (masculine) 1.3 (police car) (American English/inglés norteamericano) (coche (masculine)) patrulla (feminine), patrullero (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , autopatrulla (masculine) (Chile)More example sentences
- At sea, he served in a battleship, an aircraft carrier, in cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and a minesweeper.
- A further 17 aircraft carriers, six battleships, 16 cruisers and 56 destroyers were also tasked in support.
- The combined German naval force for this attack was fifteen battleships, thirteen cruisers and seventy-one destroyers, whose principal task was to guard the larger ships against British submarines.
- Karen was a little worried about being left alone, but the knowledge of the patrolling police cruisers calmed her down.
- He was arrested at 4: 45 p.m., handcuffed and placed in the back of the police cruiser.
- Across the street was the police station where a cruiser abruptly pulled up.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the