Translation of cub in Spanish:
- 1.1 (young animal)Example sentences1.2 (young person)
(British English) [dated]
- Young tiger and lion cubs are passed amongst large groups of people so they can have a ‘cute’ photo taken with a fluffy animal.
- How does a female tiger protect her young cubs amid the sometimes violent attentions of three male suitors?
- Over the years, some 400 pets have called the White House home, ranging from bear cubs, snakes, and a hyena, to cats and cows.
jovenzuelo, (-la) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3Cub (Scout) he's in the Cub Scouts o (in British English also) Cubs
pertenece a los lobatos(before noun) Cub master (British English)jefe (masculine) de lobatos
- There were three of us at infant school, cubs who were always playing together - Mark, Chris and me.
- It is veteran versus tyro, wily old fox against bristling young cub, a man who has done it all against a boy who threatens to do it all.
- Five cubs - most of the small village's complement of kids - were standing half-hidden beside the tent, staring at me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.