- 1 (of measure, shape) cúbico cubic capacity volumen (m) (of engine) cilindrada (f), cubicaje (m) cubic measure medida (f) de capacidadMore example sentences
More example sentences
- There's nothing new about his style, for it reminds me of Andri Masson's painting, especially the way he strokes the brush and plays with cubic shapes.
- There are also a few huge boulders which were chiselled into cubic shapes centuries ago and now serve as surreal houses and stables.
- They usually were of cubic shape, and were sealed with an airtight lock that ran three-quarters of the way around the middle of the box, leaving one side to hinge on.
- At 4:35 pm, the flow volume reached 750 cubic metres per second.
- A 737 freighter can carry about 16 tonnes, and has about 120 cubic metres of volume.
- The pool takes up a volume of 66 cubic metres and weighs over 80 metric tons.
- 2 [Math] [equation/expression] de tercer grado cubic meter metro (m) cúbicoMore example sentences
- The first person known to have solved cubic equations algebraically was del Ferro but he told nobody of his achievement.
- Lagrange's main object was to find out why cubic and quartic equations could be solved algebraically.
- He solved cubic equations by extending an algorithm for finding cube roots.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.