intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (reach peak) to culminate
insth culminar enalgoMore example sentences
- Senescence represents the last stage of flower development, ultimately culminating in the death of the petals.
- Today this campaign culminated in a mass rally in London.
- Michelle had a very difficult labour, which eventually culminated in an emergency Caesarian delivery.
- 2 [Astronomy/Astronomía] culminarMore example sentences
- Thus if the fixed star Regulus culminates on the Midheaven as Mercury rises on the ascendant it is referred to as a paran of Mercury and considered to have an influence upon its meaning.
- As the Earth rotates on its axis from west to east, it appears from our apparently stationary viewpoint that the stars rise in the east, culminate on the upper meridian and set in the west.
- Saturn culminated on the midheaven as Beethoven passed away.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.