Translation of cult in Spanish:
- 1.1 (belief, worship) culto (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sect) secta (feminine) 1.3 (craze, obsessive interest) culto (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) cult figure ídolo (masculine) cult movie película (feminine) de culto
- The pre-Christian religion of the Fijians was both animistic and polytheistic, and included a cult of chiefly ancestors.
- The cult of the ancestors is practiced among many of the ethnic groups.
- As he notes, cults of holy images have been the subject of a long debate in Christianity.
- The loss of life was terrible, but it was no more than one in a series of occasional tragedies caused by the misguided beliefs of cults and their members.
- Will witches, cults, and strange religions soon get taxpayers' dollars?
- Society suffers from dangerous sects and cults, militia movements, media control, and misrepresentations of psychiatric treatment and mental disorders.
- The fellow with the Village People mustache, who wears a white dress shirt and tie, is being marketed as a cult of personality.
- Does it bother you that there's a cult of personality built up around him?
- Or perhaps they center too much on the cult of personality from the opposing side.
- It did remarkably well at the box office, and garnered a strong cult following among college-age Americans.
- The company's ads have gained a cult following among advertisers and laymen alike.
- Shooting took about a month and the film became a cult classic among many people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.