Translation of cunning in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (clever, sly) [villain/trick/plan] astuto; [smile] malicioso you cunning devil! ¡qué astuto eres!Example sentences1.2 (ingenious) [device] ingenioso
- The lies he fed me to achieve this were cunning and elaborate, and indeed, I was fooled.
- First, it has to be said that the game scenario is a very cunning one, cleverly designed to lead the unsuspecting player astray.
- What remains is a traditional case of a national paranoia being manipulated by a cunning business establishment to protect its entrenched interests.
- Today's aggressor is cunning, ingenious, pragmatic, and at the same time not limited by any moral constraints.
- He is a very ingenious and cunning writer and it's fun to see him skewer the targets he aims for with acerbic wit and intelligence.
- John would see my brilliant tactical plan and organize a cunning defence…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.