Translation of cupola in Spanish:
- 1.1 (roof)(small)Example sentences1.2 (turret)
- The scaffolding reaches to the top of the cupola that adorns the roof giving the builders a perch almost 100 feet up.
- The large building is built in the traditional style with barrel vaulted ceilings and cupolas.
- It has arcades all around, a pavilion at the eastern end has crenellated roof and a cupola of glass mosaic.
- Atop the all-welded turret are the commander's cupola (with single hatch cover) on the left and the loader's hatch on the right.
- Firing ports are provided for the crews' personal weapons and a machine-gun mounting is fitted on the left turret cupola with an optional machine-gun.
- As he watched, a hatch motored open on the forward gunner's cupola and a helmeted visage favored him with a toothy, wolfish grin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.