Translation of current in Spanish:
- 1 (before noun) 1.1 (existing)(situation/policy/prices)
en cursoExample sentences1.2 (most recent)
- This was done in the current research by presenting events (bets on the toss of a coin) in blocks.
- I'm not expected to be well-educated on modern politics and current events.
- However, they obviously did not do enough because if there was not a serious problem the current turn of events would not have happened.
- 2 2.1 (valid)(license/membership)2.2 (prevailing)
vigenteExample sentences2.3 (up to date) (predicative) to be/become current
estar/ponerse al corriente or al día
- A common current myth about American English is that it is being ruined by mass media.
- The attitude current at the time was that they were an inferior race.
- 1 countable 1.1 (flow of water, air) against the currentcontra la corrientewith the currenten el sentido de la corriente1.2 (general trend) to go with the currentdejarse llevar por la corrienteto go against the currentir contra la corrienteExample sentences
- In the underwater world, the lateral system sensed the currents of water surrounding the fishes' bodies.
- It is so big it has blocked wind and water currents that break up ice floes in McMurdo Sound during the Antarctic summer.
- The data will cover things such as water currents, wind direction and temperatures.
- This is why there is not a people in which these three currents of opinion do not coexist, turning man toward divergent and even contradictory directions.
- The courts' response is generally slow, often several years behind the current of popular opinion.
- They also provide a glimpse of the powerful social currents that shape the course of language usage in society.
- 2 countable or uncountable (Electricity) to run off household current (American English)funcionar con electricidadExample sentences
- The very small particles stream through wires and circuits creating currents of electricity.
- This interaction causes giant electrical currents to flow above our heads of around one million amps!
- Due to certain conditions of the earth beneath dwellings, electrical currents are caused to flow, thus producing a magnetic field that extends into the dwelling space.
- Then measure the voltage and current by attaching your volt meter to the two pieces of metal.
- As discussed previously, voltage is measured in volts, and current is measured in amps.
- A first detector detects an average of the AC current applied to the charge member.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.