Translation of current in Spanish:
- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) 1.1 (existing) [situation/policy/prices] actual; [year/month] en cursoExample sentences1.2 (most recent) [issue] último; [price list] actual
- This was done in the current research by presenting events (bets on the toss of a coin) in blocks.
- I'm not expected to be well-educated on modern politics and current events.
- However, they obviously did not do enough because if there was not a serious problem the current turn of events would not have happened.
- 2 2.1 (valid) [license/membership] vigente 2.2 (prevailing) [opinion/practice] corriente, común, habitualExample sentences2.3 (up to date) (predicative/predicativo) to be/become current estar*/ponerse* al corriente or al día
- A common current myth about American English is that it is being ruined by mass media.
- The attitude current at the time was that they were an inferior race.
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (flow of water, air) corriente (feminine) against the current contra la corriente with the current en el sentido de la corriente 1.2 (general trend) corriente (feminine) to go with the current dejarse llevar por la corriente to go against the current ir* contra la corriente
- 2 c and u [Electricity/Electricidad] corriente (feminine) to run off household current (American English/inglés norteamericano) funcionar con electricidad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the