Translation of curtain in Spanish:
- 1 (at window) a pair of curtainsunas cortinasto draw o open the curtains(des)correr or abrir las cortinasto pull o close o draw the curtainscorrer or cerrar las cortinas(before noun) curtain hook curtain rail curtain rod o polebarra (feminine) de cortinaExample sentences
- I can draw a window curtain or adjust overhead lights.
- Aside from a pair of drab grey curtains which covered the window over the sink, the room was free of decorations.
- The men had tacked up a navy blue material to act as curtains over the stern windows.
- 2 (as screen) the Iron Curtainel telón de acero (Spain)Example sentences
- The magician invites the heckler up on stage, positions him directly in front of the curtain, and begins ‘hypnotising’ him.
- Unfortunately, it makes the front stage curtain look shabby.
- So he took Roy and he put him back stage behind the curtain.
- 3 (Theater) the curtain rises/fallssube or se levanta/baja or cae el telónit's curtains for you/him [colloquial]estás/está acabadoto bring o ring down the curtain on something(terminate) poner punto final a algo(in theater) suspender las representaciones de algoExample sentences
- The stage is covered with a canvas, as if the scene presented as the curtain rises was captured by a linen frame.
- The curtain raises on the opening scene with the cast gathered front of stage to a backdrop of trees, a small camp fire Flickering to one side.
- From her lonely entrance at the opening curtain, until the slaphappy denouement, she dominates the stage and virtually carries the show on her slim shoulders.
poner cortinas enExample sentences
- In the 1970s, however, it was decided that every plate-glass window should be curtained to control the thermal flow inside the building and these curtains have remained ever since.
- The tables all had salmon coloured cloths with white starched napkins, terracotta tile floors, large curtained bay windows and the atmosphere is very bright and happy.
- Near the bed sculpture was a curtained window frame, in which sat a monitor showing footage taped from Paik's hospital room and from the couple's loft.
- Samantha bowed her head so that her hair curtained her face, successfully concealing the crimson that stole over her cheeks in embarrassment.
- Stretching out his long length, his black hair curtained his face as his lightning blue eyes disappeared under a sweep of raven lashes.
- Her long, golden hair curtained her face, and you could just see her stunning eyes from behind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.